Saturday, April 16, 2011

RANT: Why I hate fangirls

It's past 2 AM and not being able to sleep, I browse YouTube and watch videos taken of voice actors at conventions. As mentioned earlier, I pursue this career because of Vic Mignogna. For those of you who don't know: Vic and his girlfriend Michelle Specht are now publicly engaged.

I didn't know much about Michelle at first, but I've seen some of her acting online and found her to be hilarious, not to mention capable in her bit-part voice roles. Looking at videos tonight, I didn't think people would have the exact thoughts as I did, but here is where I draw the line.

One of the comments specifically read: "you deserve better" while directed at Vic.
Why on earth would anyone say that?
On the off-chance you have met Michelle in person, is that enough to analyze her entire relationship and decide who is fit for who?
This same person said the some of the Risembool Rangers she knew - members of Vic's fanclub - wished "she would die".
I didn't breathe until I saw the reply: "That's terrible. He deserves to be happy".

YES!! THANK you!!!

I now pose my argument:
I adore Vic as much as any other fan, but I love him as a person. Let's be honest - the guy's the same age as my parents. He's a mentor, my indirect sensei. I won't be out of California for at least two more years, so the best I can do is take what I can learn from him as a fan.
From his roles I try to absorb acting techniques.
From convention videos I can hear his advice, keep trying to get better until I can eventually turn to him as a colleague and explain how he personally helped me find and achieve my dreams, help me through the roughest parts in my life and then thank him for all of this.

I'm sorry - this probably isn't making much sense since I'm so tired.

-Much luvz and apologies, Hideki

No comments:

Post a Comment